Sunday, April 9, 2017

The New Season Begins



Hello Watchers of Wrestling

                Today we are going to have a relatively short blog. By now you all know that WrestleMania was last Sunday, and I’m sure you have all seen the big news from the event. The Hardy’s returned, Brock Lesnar finally defeated Goldberg, and the Undertaker lost again, and left his gloves, coat, and hat in the ring, and probably retired. 

                So we won’t do a Mania review. Instead we will just go over of few things that I found interesting about the Raw and SmackDown after WrestleMania.

                From Raw, Fin Balor is back, and it looks like he is in top form. Could he be the next challenger for the WWE Universal Championship? Only time will tell. 

Nya Jax turned on Charlotte. Does this mean she is a baby face now? I sure hope not. I think that she should be the monster heel that Braun Stroman is. I think that she should rule over the women’s division for at least 6 months. That way if Bayley or Sasha Banks beats her at SummerSlam, or Survivor Series, it will be so worth it. 

Speaking of Braun Stroman, he got in the face of the new Universal Champion Brock Lesnar. I am not sure if Lesnar will be a full timer now that he is champion again, so my real question is what will they do with Stroman?

The Hardy’s are back and on Raw. I was hoping we could see the Broken Hardy’s but it does not look like that is where we are going, at least not yet. 

Kevin Owens took out Jericho for what looks like an extended period of time. Too bad, because he was doing some of his best work. Hopefully it won’t be too long. 

                Now over to the blue side……SmackDown
                I loved seeing AJ Styles and Shane show each other respect. I know I said I was not looking forward to their match last week, but I was pleasantly surprised. That may have been the best match of the night. Other matches have more meaning, but these two men brought the whole arena to their feet with the lengths they were willing to go to entertain. 

                I have to say, as someone who was a big fan of him from 2006-2011, I am bored with Randy Orton. If he is not a scary heel who kicks people in the head, he is just not that interesting. 

I’m glad Naomi defeated Alexa Bliss in their rematch. I would like to see Naomi move on to someone else. Let’s see what she can do as champion. For years she was one of the most athletic women on the roster, and with the addition of Charlotte a few years back, I think we lost sight of how incredible she can be. 

Lastly we saw the call up if you will, of two new guys from NXT: Ty Dillinger, who I am not all that familiar with, and Shinsuke Nakamura who is the former NXT champion. Now I will admit I am very much behind on my NXT. I am trying to catch up so I can see where all of these guys started from. But I have seen some of Shinsuke’s matches with AJ Styles when they were in Japan, so I know that he is big time. 

                So here we are. We have started our journey for the next year of WWE wrestling. I am so excited to see where this takes us. 

I will be doing something a bit different guys, I have thought of some things I can write about, and will be dropping new blogs throughout the week. Not every day, but a few times a week. So let me know what you think. And I am on twitter. You can find me @blackwrestlingg.  Until next time you wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment