Hello watchers of wrestling
I have
been gone for a little while. I have had other things on my plate, and sorry
that I have not been able to drop any blogs lately (for all……. I don’t even
know if my wife reads this blog anymore), but I did want to write a blog
because there have been a few things that I have enjoyed watching wrestling,
and some things that I don’t really understand, so I just wanted to put this
blog out and see what you all think.
The 1st
thing I wanted to talk about is how much I do not understand recent events that
have been happening with Enzo and Big Cass. I think this whole thing has been
rushed. I guess I understand the break up if you want to make Cass the next
star, so you break up the tag team, I get that, but what I don’t understand is
why do it to them now. Enzo and Cass have only been on the main roster for a
little over a year, and they have been scraping around the mid-level of the tag
team “division” (I hate that by the way. Why is there only a women’s and tag
team division, where isn’t there an intercontinental division, or a world
championship division, any who) but they have done next to nothing in it. Now
with the Hardy’s coming back, I know you had to put the tag belts on them I get
that, but I think that there were more stories to tell with them as a tag team,
and they could have at least got a week or 2 with the tag belts as a team. Now
you break them up and we never know what they could have done, and the way they
did it, was that not Triple H Shawn Michaels 2002? I think this could have been
done later and better.
Now on
to something (or should I say someone) I have loved for a long time. I am so
all in on Carmella. Now my wife may hate to her this, and think that I am only
into the way she looks, but that is not true, too skinny for me, no I am into
her as a wrestler, and more so as a personality. I think she is one of the few
people on the roster that you do exactly what the back office wants you to do,
you boo her. She does herself no favors by coming out and talking her ish. By moonwalking
during her entrance, by beating up Nikki Bella after she came back from a neck
injury, by befriending James Ellsworth, only for him to be her “muscle”. And it
worked because Ellsworth grabbed the money in the bank briefcase for her.
Carmella has been one of the best things about SmackDown since the brand
extension.
Lastly I
am going to move away from WWE because there is something that has happened in
another promotion that I think deserves our attention. Cody Rhodes is the new
Ring of Honor World Champion. This is a big deal because Cody has always been
on the cusp of being a champion. Somewhere down the line WWE lost faith in him.
Since he left he has been all over the world wrestling, and has been putting in
work. He has been in TNA (I guess they call it Impact Wrestling now), Global force, All Japan, and everywhere he has been,
he has been impressive. And finally in ROH (a company he says he does not work
for, but I don’t know if that is 100%) he realizes a dream that for some odd
reason he could not achieve in WWE. Congrats Cody, you very much deserve it!
No comments:
Post a Comment