Hello watchers of Wrestling.
We are coming up to the most
exciting time of the year, WrestleMania weekend. This is the time of year that
we all look forward to where we see our favorite superstars on the grandest
stage of them all (hyperbole much? I know I know, but go there with me).
I know I am normally the positive
person when it comes to wrestling and I love just about everything that comes
out, and I am willing to let WWE show us what they have in store. Most times it
turns out to be something we all like, remember that time you all were upset
about the Daniel Bryan being buried thing only to have him win the WWE World
Championship at WrestleMania? That’s what I’m talking about. But this time I
have to speak out about something.
Now I know that I am going to say something
that will totally go against what most of you out there believe to be. From the
beginning of the brand split back last summer we would all say that SmackDown
Live(why do they keep saying live, we all know the show is live) has been the
best brand. From AJ Styles, to the Miz, to the new Usos, to Heath Slater
becoming a tag champion again, SmackDown, Talking Smack, and their exclusive
pay per views, have been must see TV for WWE. So it is with a heavy heart that
I say they, but I hate the set up for the SmackDown matches at WrestleMania.
Now must of the matches seem like
they have come out of nowhere, and I honestly am kind of bored by them. Now I am
not one of these people who will talk this noise, and watch silently, and hate
on it in my blog. I will watch, and enjoy the fact that I am entertained for a
33rd time by WWE’s biggest show of the year, but I just have to let
this be known.
Let’s start with the Women’s title
match. All of the women in one match, welcome to the 2008 women’s division
where they can throw all of the women in a match just to make them feel good. I think the Smackdown women deserve more than this. Yawn.
Then we have the Baron Corbin vs.
Dean Ambrose match. Am I the only person who does not care about the Intercontinental
title since Dean won it from Miz. Oh yeah, this is for the IC title. Are we all
ready to finally admit that Dean Ambrose is just not a good wrestler. He is
not. He started off as a Heath Ledger’s joker knock off, and now, he is just a
guy that wrestles in jeans and a tank top. He does not look like a superstar,
he is just a guy. Double yawn.
John Cena and Nikki Bella vs Miz
and Maryse. Now you all know how much I love the Miz and Cena, but this is
terrible spot for these guys to be in. Why did you give Cena the belt at Rumble
for him to lose it a month later. Why not have him win it, and Miz win the
Rumble, or just have him not win it. Either way, this is not the spot for you
16 time champion and the guy who with AJ Styles has made SmackDown the show to
watch for the last year. And am I the only one who thinks that John and Nikki
look super awkward on screen. Seems like they are trying too hard to look like
a real couple. Like they broke up in real life, and they are keeping up
appearances.
AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon. This is
one that has most of the internet going nuts. And I have to admit, I agree with
the internet for once. Styles has come in and taken the WWE by storm in a
little over a year, and this is the thanks he gets? Not the main event, not a
title match of any kind, but a due that last time we saw him in a match he was
knocked the F out, and we were all scared for him, and his family who was
sitting ringside. I wish he would have been in a better match than this.
And lastly the WWE title match
Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt. Wyatt has had the belt since elimination chamber,
and the reason for him to have the belt is…….I guess so he could give it to
Orton. Now Orton is a multi-time champion, so why is he getting the gravy train
to yet another WWE title. This should have been a spot for someone else. Hell this
would have been great for Wyatt. But why have Randy join the Wyatt family, to
then say after winning Rumble, and Wyatt winning the title, Randy saying that
he will not fight the master, to then have him burn down some house that makes
no since. This all seemed very very weird, and forced, and out of nowhere.
Like I said before, I will be
watching Mania live, like I have since I bought the network. But I must say I am
not looking forward to the SmackDown matches. But like I try to tell you all,
let’s just sit back and watch the show and see what happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment