Hello watchers of wrestling
So here
we are……..it is WrestleMania. Tonight is the night. The biggest night of the
wrestling year. We will all be watching tonight to see what the WWE has in
store for us. The night that all of the stories come together, and we see where
we will be going for the next year, and sometimes for the next half decade or
so. Last night I put up a blog (I know for the first time in forever) where I talked
about what was going on in the Smackdown setup to Mania, so I will not be
getting back into that. Today is a good old prediction blog. So let’s get right
into it.
Alexa
Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Mickie James vs. Carmella (with James
Ellsworth) vs. Naomi for the SmackDown Women’s championship.
It seems
like Naomi had a real injury, and that is why she was taken off of TV for the
last month or so. But since she has gone out of her way to tell the whole world
that Mania is in her home town, I think she is going to take the title back
tonight. Now I don’t think she will keep it for long, but I think tonight is
her night.
Luke
Gallows and Karl Anderson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Cesaro and
Sheamus for the Raw Tag Team Championship in a ladder match.
A Tag
Team Title Ladder Match!? Sounds so promising. Now this is a match where five
of the six competitors are all pretty big guys, so this should be an
interesting match to watch. We are not used to seeing the bigger guys have tag
team ladder matches. With that being said, I think that all of these teams can
make this work. The three teams have been going back and forth pretty much
since Gallows and Anderson won the titles at Rumble. I feel that it is time for
brand new tag team champions. Enzo and Cass will win the belts tonight.
Dean
Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin for the Intercontinental Championship.
You all
know how I feel about both of these guys. I am not impressed. These two bore me
to no end. I honestly think this will be my popcorn match (the match where you
don’t watch, but you go and get popcorn). But hey, someone has to win this
match. I think that Corbin has been getting a huge push since he debuted and I think
that will start with him getting the IC title tonight.
John
Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse.
I think
there are a lot of good things that have happened to set up what we will see
tonight. The total divas spoofs that Miz has been doing have been some of the
best TV leading up to mania on SmackDown. As you all know, I think Miz has had
an excellent year since winning the IC title the day after Mania last year. I think
that he has brought the IC title back into the spotlight (notice that you have
not really seen a lot of it since he lost it) and he deserves a main event
push. But going back to this match, I think that Cena and Bella will win this
match. They are the baby faces in this match and it seems like they are headed
for a victory.
Neville
(c) vs. Austin Aries for the Cruiserweight Championship.
I think
this may be the match of the night. Now I will be the first person to admit, I am
not really into the cruiserweights. I did not watch the Cruiserweight Challenge
and I do not watch 205 live. But with that said, I have watched the last 2
title matches on pay per view, and man, they were excellent. So I think this match
will showcase two guys who can really go. I believe that Aries will take the
belt this time.
We have
a lot of matches according Wikipedia, so I will try to speed through the rest.
Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair
vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax for the Raw Women’s championship.
You all know how I feel about
Bayley and her title run. I wish that we would have a different match than
this, but this is what we have. So I honestly think that WWE is going to keep
this Bayley thing going tonight, although I would not be surprised if Sasha
turns on Bayley for the title. But my official pick is Bayley.
Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles.
I think that this is going to be a
win for Shane. Shane needs to win this match to prove that he belongs in this
match. Styles does not need to prove anything. He has proven himself in the
last year and a half. Shane wins.
2017 André the Giant Memorial
Battle Royal.
I think that Braun Stroman will win
this match. This is normally the match where the big strong monster wins.
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens for the US Championship.
This one looks like it might be the Kevin Owens Show. I don't see any reason for Jericho to keep the title. Owens can continue to defend it like he did with the Universal Title. So Owens will win this one.
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H.
I see Rollins winning this match.
Triple H has been beating Rollins up for the last three months, and tonight is
his night to get some payback.
The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns.
There are a lot of people on the
internet going back and forth about the outcome of this match. This is
Undertaker, and he is 23-1 in Wrestlemanias, but his time is almost up. So is
this the time that he goes out with a loss and passes torch to Reigns? And
Reigns is obviously the future of WWE and maybe even the present. So who wins?
I think that Taker will win tonight.
Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar
(with Paul Heyman) for the Universal Championship.
This is going to be a good one. I don’t
think this is going to be the squash match that the last few Goldberg matches
have been. I think this will be a typical Brock Lesnar suplex city match. I say
anywhere between 15-20 German Suplexes, and a 10 minute match, and the crowning
of a new Universal Champion Brock Lesnar.
Bray Wyatt (c) vs.
Randy Orton for the WWE Championship.
I feel
like this is the most obvious match. I don’t see any reason for Orton not to
win this match. He won the Rumble, and he turned on Wyatt for some reason (read
my previous blog), so there is no reason for him not to win.
Wow
guys, there are a lot of matches for this show. I will not keep talking you to
death. Let’s just enjoy the night and see where we go from here. Enjoy my
friends.
At the
time of publishing, I am already 0-2. But that goes to show the unpredictability
of Wrestlemania.
No comments:
Post a Comment