Sunday, July 9, 2017

GBOF Predictions



Hello Watchers of Wrestling

                Today I am doing “Great Balls of Fire” predictions. I don’t know about you guys, but I have truly enjoyed watching the lead ups to this pay per view. I know that the consensus is that SmackDown is the better show, and it has the better storylines, but we I think we can all agree that there are some very interesting matches on this card.
                Let’s start with Neville vs. Akira Tozawa for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
                I have loved watching Titus O’Neal become the leader of his group with “Titus Worldwide” (though I have to admit, I miss the “Titus Brand”). Tozawa is the newest member of the group, and because of Titus, he is now the #1 contender for the Cruiserweight title. Neville has been champion for a long time. I don’t see him losing this match, but I think it will be entertaining for Titus Worldwide if nothing else.
                Enzo Amore vs. Big Cass
                This break up was in the works for a while. Like I said before I think that this is the same formula that we have seen from most tag teams, the Rockers, The Prime Time Players, Crime Time. Now I think that WWE could have gotten a lot more out of this group as a tag team, I mean they haven’t even won the tag team titles yet, but I guess WWE wanted to get these guys in singles competition as quick as possible. Now I as far as this watch, I think that these two can have matches from here until SummerSlam, so for them to do that, I think that Enzo wins either in a count out, or in a roll up pin of some kind, and Cass will not be happy about that.
                                Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
                Alexa has been on top of the Raw women’s division (you all know I hate that). After the gauntlet match on Raw 2 weeks ago I thought the other dominate woman on the (Nia Jacks) Raw would be in this match, but alas we are stuck with Sasha Banks getting yet another title match. I think these two will work well together since they are both about the same size. I predict Alexa will win this match just because I don’t see a reason for Sasha to have the belt. So I will take Alexa.
                                Seth Rollins vs. Bray Wyatt
                Honestly this is my popcorn match. I don’t see why these 2 guys are having a match. It seems like they just put 2 guys together that they had nothing for, and they needed to put in a match. So with that said I really don’t have much of an opinion either way how this match will turn out. I will say Seth will win.
                                The Miz vs. Dean Ambrose for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
                As you all know I am not a fan of Dean Ambrose. I think he is bad on mic, in the ring, and everything else. So I will make this short and sweet, I think Miz is going to win. He does way more for the IC title than Dean does. Don’t get me wrong, Miz is so deserving of another World title run, a long one at that, but if he does not have the IC belt, then the IC belt is meaningless (Think John Cena with the US title in 2015).
                                Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman in an Ambulance match
                This is the match I am looking most forward to. As much as I do not like these kind of matches, I think that these two guys have amazing matches. They are just two big bruisers who are just going to beat the crap out of each other, and I will love it. I think Roman will win this match (sorry haters). I think Roman is headed to the main event at SummerSlam so I think he has to win tonight.
                                Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman) vs. Samoa Joe Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship
                They have been doing a lot to make Samoa Joe look super strong. He has super kicked and choked out Brock Lesnar. I am sure we all think that Brock will retain the title, and that is my official prediction, but I think that have made Joe look so good, that there is a small(20%) chance that he could win this match. But again Lesnar for the win.
                                Cesaro and Sheamus (c) vs. The Hardy Boyz 30-minute Iron Man match for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
                Everyone thinks that it is time for the Hardy’s to become the “Broken Hardys” that we saw at the end of their TNA run. And now is the time that I predicit that this happens. I saw Cesaro and Sheamus win this match and the Hardys get hurt, take some time off and come back broken.
                               
                All and all this should be a great night. looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment