Hello readers of wrestling
Today we will do a review of the
last few weeks of WWE wrestling. I have been away for a bit catching up on all
of the main roster wrestling that has been happening lately. Last time I wrote
you guys, I was just saying how impressed I was with what it looks like is
happening in WWE. I think that they are doing good things.
Now we have a pay per view coming
next week, “Hell in a Cell”, and I will have predictions coming up (also I will
have the results of my last predictions, because why not, right) but before we
get to that, lets just talk about some of the good I have seen in the WWE for
the last month or so, and let’s start
with “No Mercy”.
This pay per view started with the
main event, the WWE World championship match AJ Styles vs John Cena Vs Dean
Ambrose. This was a very interesting match. These 3 guys work really well
together, and this was a really good match, maybe the match of the night (if
not for a different match that we will talk about later). This was a back and forth match, with all 3
guys scoring near falls through out. The match almost ended with both Ambrose
and Cena making Styles tap out, as they both had him in some form of a
submission. But because both guys had him in a submission, there was no clear
winner, and the match was restarted. After the restart, AJ used a chair to pick
up the victory. Like I said before, I think this was a really good match, I am
not a big fan of them having this match to start the night, but WWE decided to
do this to avoid going head to head with the presidential debate.
I would say the only other match
that is worth even mentioning, is the Intercontinental championship match
between The Miz, and Dolph Ziggler. Now if you were a subscriber to my old blog
(themain-event.blogspot.com), you will see that I wrote a blog about both of
these guys. I thought a few years ago that these guys would be the future, and
this is where it all came together. This program has been excellent all the way
around. The back ground videos, the matches where Ziggler almost won, but
Maryse, the Miz’s wife, sprayed him in the face with hair spray, and Miz
bringing out the Spirit Squad to make fun of Dolph. These guys have been doing
some of the best work in the company. I would be happy to see them take this
feud to the big time. Anyway, after saying all of that, Dolph Ziggler won the
title. He was putting his career on the line, and he completed his goal of
winning the IC belt, and continuing to compete in WWE.
Outside of that, to be honest with
you guys, the reset of the card was a dud. The women’s title match did not take
place, because Becky Lynch was hurt. The tag team titles did not change hands,
even though the Usos are far more interesting as heels than they are as baby
faces. I have to say that I would love to see them get traded to RAW, for the
club, and have the club with AJ as one heel faction, and the Usos and Roman
Reigns as a heel faction. That would be amazing.
Well I guess that is as good of a
place as any to stop for this week. Check back in later this week, before “Hell
in a Cell”. I will do a preview blog. And for fun, I will have my record for my
other predictions for the other pay per views. Have a great week watching
wrestling people. After this upcoming show, I will discuss some other companies
such as TNA and ROH.
No comments:
Post a Comment