Sunday, January 28, 2018

Royal Rumble Preview




Hello Readers of Wrestling
                Happy new year! I know it has been a long time. You all know what I am going to say…..I am busy, I have kids, blah blah blah. So instead of saying all of that, I will just get right back into it. Guys, you know that this is my favorite time of the year. We are beginning the road to WrestleMania with the 1st stop on that ride being the Royal Rumble.  
                Now you all know how this works so I will not insult any of you (all one of you at least for now) by going over the rules, knowing that you will hear the rules a million times tonight, and you all know that the winner gets a shot at the title of their choosing, either the WWE or Universal. Add on top of that a Woman’s Rumble match and other matches that will happen, and we will have a jam packed night.
                Without further ado, I will jump right in to predictions. For the predictions of the Rumble I will do something I try not to do when it comes to this blog, I will bring up some of the rumors I have heard, because they make for a pretty interesting show if they come true.
                Seth Rollins and Jason Jordan (c) vs. Cesaro and Sheamus for the WWE (Raw) tag team Championship:  The champions were a thrown together team to continue two storylines. One of Jason Jordan turning into the spoiled entitled son of the Raw GM Kurt Angle, that we are all looking for him to turn into. The other is trying to keep the Shield relevant while Dean Ambrose is hurt. I think that this would be a great time to break up the champs that don’t seem to go together, and get the belts back on Sheamus and Cesaro, who have been a great tag team, and have been champions 3 times. So I will be picking Sheamus and Cesaro to be the new tag team champions.
                The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso) (c) vs. Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin, 2 out of 3 falls for the WWE (SmackDown) Tag Team Championship: I don’t think I am alone in saying that the Usos may be the best tag team in the world in the past year. If not the world than most defiantly in the WWE. Gable and Benjamin have been on a good run lately. It took them a while to catch their footing, but I think they are finding their stride. It also looks like they are turning into more of a heel tag team. And with these teams going 2 out of 3 falls I think this has the chance be the match of the night. I think that Gable and Benjamin will make great champions, but not right now. They could possibly get the titles at Mania, but tonight I pick the Usos.
                AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn 2 vs. 1 match for the WWE Championship: Here we have an interesting match. On one side you have the WWE Champion AJ Styles, who is possibly the best wrestler in the world, and who puts on the best matches we have seen in a long time, versus not one, but two men, in a WWE Championship match. So if Zayn or Owens wins, both of them will be the champ (I think). Owens and Zayn have been carrying SmackDown every week with their mic work, and their feud with Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan. But I don’t think you want to take the title off of AJ and send the title down a path that really won’t make much sense, leading to Mania. I think it will be better to have the championship stay with AJ going into Mania. AJ with the win.
                Brock Lesnar (c) (with Paul Heyman) vs. Braun Strowman vs. Kane triple threat for the WWE Universal Championship: This seems like the type of match where the whole ring implodes. Three of the biggest monsters we have seen. I have to be honest and say that I think we all know how this will turn out. When was the last time that Brock has lost a match? Survivor Series ’16? So I don’t see him losing before Mania. All of that is before you add in what the internet says the main event at Mania will be: Roman Reigns Vs Brock Lesnar. So with that said, Brock retains tonight.
                The Royal Rumble: Now this is what we are all here for. I think that the Rumble is entertaining most every single time. Again you all know how this works, 30 men enter the ring, you toss the men out over the top rope, and the last man standing is going to WrestleMania to face the champion of their choosing. Now every year they get all of the main guys, then they bring back a few legends to fill out the rumble. So since we are not worried about the legends, who is going to win? This is going to be weird. I normally don’t do this. Normally I have an answer and I stick with it, but today I have 3 winners. I think it could be Roman Reigns. Like I said the internet says Reigns and Brock will headline Mania again this year. So it could be Roman, or it could be Shinsuke Nakamura. Nakamura could win the Rumble, and go to Mania to face AJ Styles in match that will make the whole internet wrestling community lose its collective ish. Or lastly, it could be Daniel Bryan. Bryan wants to wrestle again, and for all intents and purposes, he has been cleared to wrestle by every other doctor except for the ones in WWE. So if he comes back, it could be in the Rumble. And if he comes back in the Rumble, you have to think that he is coming back for the win. Now I will admit, this one is straight from the internet. But if I had to narrow it down, I pick Nakamura.
                The Women’s Rumble: Tonight we have the pleasure of seeing history. The 1st ever women’s Royal Rumble. This is a major opportunity for these women to make their mark like their male counterparts. I think in this Rumble we will see many legends. I think we will see Trish Strauss, Lita, Jacqueline, and we may see some others like Molly Holly, maybe Torrie Wilson, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw Velvet Sky, or someone else from another promotion. I think that Nia should be the female Braun Strowman, so I would love for her to destroy all of the women in this match and win, but I don’t think this is happening. So if I have to choose, I will pick Asuka to win and go to Mania to take on Alexa Bliss. Though I could also see Ronda Rousey win the Rumble, and go on to face Charlotte at Mania.

                Well people, that is what I think. Let me know what you think. If you want to reach out to me you can catch me on twitter @the_varible. I will be doing more content from blogs to twitter to other mediums. If you like to hear someone who is a fan speak positively about wrestling, and not act like wrestling owes me anything, or I am smarter than the people who have been giving us wrestling since before most of us have been born, then please reach out, leave feedback, and let me know what you want to talk about. Enjoy the Rumble.

No comments:

Post a Comment